BA PART I : PAPER 2.6
Ch. 15. Effects of Bandhu Bhava
1. O excellent of the Brahmins, thus have been briefly told the effects of Sahaj Bhava. Now listen to the results, related to Bandhu Bhava.
2. Housing Comforts. One will have residential comforts in full degree, if Bandhu is occupied by its Lord, or by Lagn’s Lord and be drishtied by a benefic.
3. Miscellaneous. Should Putr’s Lord be in his own Bhava, or in own Navans, or in exaltation, the native will be endowed with comforts, related to lands, conveyances, houses etc. and musical instruments.
4. Housing Comforts. If Karm’s Lord joins Bandhu’s Lord in an angle, or in a trine, the native will acquire beautiful mansions.
5. Relatives. Should Budh be in Lagn, while Bandhu’s Lord, being a benefic, is drishtied by another benefic, the native will be honoured by his relatives.
6. Long-living Mother. If Bandhu Bhava is occupied by a benefic, while its Lord is in his exaltation Rasi, as the indicator of mother is endowed with strength, the native will have a long-living mother.
7. Happiness of Mother. The native’s mother will be happy, if Bandhu’s Lord is in an angle, while Sukr is also in an angle, as Budh is exalted.
8. Quadrupeds. Surya in Bandhu, Candr and Sani in Dharm and Man¯gal in Labh Bhava; this Yoga will confer cows and buffaloes on the native.
9. Dumbness. Should Bandhu Bhava be a Movable one, while its Lord and Man¯gal are together in Ari, or Randhr Bhava, the native will be dumb.
10-14. Conveyances. If Lagn’s Lord is a benefic, while Bandhu’s Lord is in fall, or in Labh Bhava and the significator (Sukr) is in Vyaya Bhava, the native will obtain conveyances in his 12th year. Should Surya be in Bandhu Bhava, as Bandhu’s Lord is exalted and be with Sukr, one will acquire conveyances in his 32nd year. It will be in the 42nd year, that one will be endowed with conveyances, if Bandhu’s Lord joins Karm’s Lord in his (4th Lord’s) exaltation Navans. An exchange between Labh’s and Bandhu’s Lords will confer conveyances in the 12th year. A benefic, related to Bandhu Bhava (and to its Lord), will bring with him auspicious effects (regarding conveyances), while a malefic will produce only malefic effects (in respect of conveyances). Should a benefic be in Bandhu, drishti Bandhu, or in yuti with the Lord of Bandhu, or a Drishti on the Lord of Bandhu Bhava, then the native will be happy with conveyances and be free from accidents and dangers. A malefic, replacing the said benefic, will cause losses, concerning vehicles and reduce one to severe accidents.
Ch. 16. Effects of Putr Bhava
1-3. O Brahmin, now I tell you the effects, related to Putr Bhava. If the Lords of Lagn and Putr are in their own Rasis, or in an angle, or in a trine, one will enjoy thorough happiness through his children. Should Putr’s Lord be in Ari, Randhr, or Vyaya Bhava, there will be no offspring. Should the Lord of Putr be combust, or be with malefics and be weak, there will be no children; even, if per chance issues are obtained, they will only quit the world soon. The Yuti of Putr’s Lord with Lagn’s Lord in a good Bhava will ensure early obtainment of children apart from happiness through them. If they join in an evil Bhava, they will prove a defect in this respect.
4. If Putr’s Lord is in Ari Bhava, as Lagn’s Lord is yuti with Man¯gal, the native will lose his very first child, whereafter his female will not be fertile to yield an offspring.
5. Should Putr’s Lord be in fall in Ari, Randhr, or Vyaya Bhava, while Budh and Ketu are in Putr Bhava, the native’s wife will give birth to one child only.
6. If Putr’s Lord is in fall and be not in Drishti to Putr, while Sani and Budh are in Putr, the native’s wife will give birth to one child only.
7. Should Dharm’s Lord be in Lagn, while Putr’s Lord is in fall and Ketu is in Putr along with Budh, obtainment of progeny will be after a great deal of ordeal.
8. If Putr’s Lord is in Ari, Randhr, or Vyaya Bhava, or be in an inimical Rasi, or be in fall, or in Putr itself, the native will beget issues with difficulty.
9. Should Putr Bhava be owned by Sani, or Budh and be occupied, or drishtied by Sani and Mandi, one will have adopted issues.
10. Should Surya and Candr be together in a Rasi and in the same Navans, the native will be brought up by three mothers, or two fathers.
11. Adopted issue is indicated, if Putr is tenanted by six Grahas, while its Lord is in Vyaya Bhava and Candr and Lagn are endowed with strength.
12. There will be many children, if Putr’s Lord is strong, while Putr is drishtied by strong Budh, Guru and Sukr.
13. If Putr’s Lord is with Candr, or is in her Decanate, the native will beget daughters; so say Jyotishis.
14. If Putr’s Lord is in a Movable Rasi, while Sani is in Putr, as Rahu is with Candr, the child (so born) is of questionable birth.
15. Undoubtedly the native is born of other’s loins, if Candr is in the 8th from Lagn, while Guru is in the 8th from Candr. Malefic’s Drishti, or Yuti is essential in this Yog.
16. If Putr’s Lord is exalted, or be in Dhan, Putr, or Dharm Bhava, or be yuti with, or drishtied by Guru, obtainment of children will be there.
17. One will obtain children, that will indulge in mean deeds, if Putr is occupied by three, or four malefics, while Putr’s Lord is in fall. A benefic (including Budh) in Putr is excluded in the said combination.
18. If Putr is occupied by Guru, while its Lord is with Sukr, one will obtain an offspring in his 32nd, or 33rd year.
19. Should Putr’s Lord be in an angle along with Guru, the Karak, one will beget a child at the age of 30, or 36.
20. If Guru is in Dharm Bhava, while Sukr is in the 9th from Guru along with Lagn’s Lord, one will beget a child at the age of 40.
21. The native will at the age of 32 lose his child, if Rahu is in Putr, Putr’s Lord is in Yuti with a malefic and Guru is in debilitation.
22. There will be loss of children at 33 and 36, if a malefic is in the 5th from Guru, while another is in the 5th from Lagn.
23. Should Mandi be in Lagn, while Lagn’s Lord is in fall, grief on account of loss of child at the age of 56 will come to pass.
24-32. Number of Children. There will be 10 sons, if Bandhu Bhava and Ari Bhava are occupied by malefics, while Putr’s Lord is in deep exaltation, joining Lagn’s Lord, as Guru is with another benefic. Nine will be the number of sons, that one will beget, if Guru is in deep exaltation, as Rahu is with Dhan’s Lord and Dharm is occupied by its own Lord. There will be eight sons, if Guru is in Putr, or Dharm Bhava, while Putr’s Lord is endowed with strength and Dhan’s Lord is in Karm Bhava. Sani in Dharm Bhava, while Putr’s Lord is in Putr itself, gives 7 sons, out of which twins will be born twice. If Putr’s Lord is in Putr in Yuti with Dhan’s Lord, there will be birth of 7 sons, out of which 3 will pass away. Only one son is denoted, if there be a malefic in Putr Bhava, while Guru is in the 5th from Sani, or vice versa. If Putr Bhava has a malefic in it, or, if Sani is in the 5th from Guru, the native will beget offspring only through his second, or third wife. Should Putr be occupied by a malefic, while Guru is yuti with Sani in Putr Bhava, as Lagn’s Lord is in Dhan Bhava and Putr’s Lord is yuti with Man¯gal, one will live long, but lose his children one after the other, as they are born.
Ch. 17. Effects of Ari Bhava
1. O Brahmin, following are the effects, produced by Ari Bhava, relating to diseases, ulcers etc. Listen to this attentively.
2. Ulcers/Bruises. Should Ari’s Lord be in Ari itself, or in Lagn, or Randhr, there will be ulcers, or bruises on the body. The Rasi, becoming Ari Bhava, will lead to the knowledge of the concerned limb.
3-5. Relatives Affected. The Karak of a relative, or the Lord of such a Bhava, joining Ari’s Lord, or being in Ari, or Randhr Bhava, indicates ulcers/bruises to such a relative, like father. Surya with such lordship and in such a Bhava denotes such affectation of head, Candr of the face, Man¯gal of the neck, Budh of the navel, Guru of the nose, Sukr of the eyes, Sani of the feet and the Rahu and Ketu of the abdomen.
6. Facial Diseases. Should Lagn’s Lord be in a Rasi of Man¯gal, or of Budh and has a Drishti on Budh, there will be diseases of the face.
7-8½. Leprosy. Man¯gal, or Budh, having ownership of the ascending Rasi and joining Candr, Rahu and Sani, will cause leprosy. If Candr is in Lagn, which is not however Cancer, and be with Rahu, there will occur white leprosy. Sani in place of Rahu will cause black leprosy, while Man¯gal similarly will afflict one with blood-leprosy.
9-12½. Diseases in General. When Lagn is occupied by the Lords of Ari and Randhr Bhava along with Surya, the native will be afflicted by fever and tumours. Man¯gal, replacing Surya, will cause swelling and hardening of the blood vessels and wounds and hits by weapons. Budh so featuring will bring in billious diseases, while Guru in similar case will destroy any disease. Similarly Sukr will cause diseases through females, Sani windy diseases, Rahu danger through low-caste-men and Ketu navel diseases. Candr in Yuti with the Lords of Ari and Randhr Bhava will inflict dangers through water and phlegmatic disorders. Similar estimates be made from the respective significators and Bhavas for relatives, like father.
13-19½ TIMING OF ILLNESS. The native will be afflicted by illness throughout life, if Sani is with Rahu, while Ari Lord and 6th Bhava are yuti with malefics. One will suffer from (severe) fever at the age of 6 and at the age of 12, if Man¯gal is in Ari, while Ari Lord is in Randhr. If the Candr is in Dhanu/Meen, while Guru is in Ari from Lagn, one will suffer from leprosy at the age of 19 and 22. If Rahu is in Ari, Lagna Lord is in Randhr and Mandi is in an angle, consumption will trouble the native at the age of 26. Spleenary disorders will be experienced at the age of 29 and 30, if the Lords of 6th and 12th are in exchange of their Rasis. Sani and Candr together in Ari will inflict blood-leprosy at the age of 45. If Sani is with an inimical planet, while Lagn Lord is in Lagn itself, windy disorders (like rheumatism) will trouble the native at the age of 59.
20-22. UNFORTUNATE YEARS. Should Candr be yuti with Ari Lord, while the 8th Lord is in Ari and the 12th Lord is in Lagn, the native will be troubled by animals at the age of eight. O Brahmin, if Rahu is in Ari, while Sani is in Randhr from the said Rahu, the child will have danger through fire at the age of 1 and 2, while in Sahaj year birds will bring some evils.
23-25. UNFORTUNATE YEARS (continued). Danger through water will have to be feared during Putr and Dharm years, if Surya is in Ari, or Randhr, while Candr is in Vyaya from the said Surya. Sani in Randhr, as Man¯gal is in Yuvati, all cause small-pox in Karm year and in 30th year of age. If 8th Lord joins Rahu in an angle/trine from Randhr Bhava and be in Randhr in Navamsa, the subject will be troubled by swelling of blood vessels, urinary disorders etc. during the 18th year and the 22nd year.
26. LOSS THROUGH ENEMIES. Loss of wealth will come to pass during the 31st year, if Labh and 6th Lords exchange their Rasis.
27. INIMICAL SONS. One’s own sons will be his enemies, if Putr Lord is in Ari, while Ari Lord is with Guru. Simultaneously Vyaya Lord should be in Lagn.
28. FEAR FROM DOGS. There will be fear from dogs during the 10th and 19th year, if the Lagna Lord and the 6th Lord are in exchange.
Ch. 18. Effects of Yuvati Bhava
1. O excellent of the Brahmins, listen to me, detailing the effects of the 7th Bhava. If Yuvati Lord is in his own Rasi, or in exaltation, one will derive full happiness through his wife (and marriage).
2. SICK WIFE. Should Yuvati Lord be in Ari, 8th, or Vyaya, the wife will be sickly. This however does not apply to own Bhava, or exaltation placement, as above.
3. Excessive·Libidinousness/Death·of·Wife. If Sukr is in Yuvati, the native will be exceedingly libidinous. If Sukr yuti a malefic in any Bhava, it will cause loss of wife.
4-5. THE 7TH LORD. Should Yuvati Lord be endowed with strength and be yuti with, or be drishtied by a benefic, the native will be wealthy, honourable, happy and fortunate. Conversely, if Yuvati Lord is in fall, or is combust, or is in an enemy’s Rasi, one will acquire sick wives and many wives.
6. PLURALITY OF WIVES. If Yuvati Lord is in a Rasi of Sani, or of Sukr and be drishtied by a benefic, there will be many wives. Should Yuvati Lord be particularly in exaltation, the same effects will come to pass.
7-8½. MlSCELLANEOUS MATTERS. The native will befriend barren females, if Surya is in Yuvati. Candr therein will cause association with such female, as corresponding to the Rasi, becoming Yuvati. Man¯gal, placed in Yuvati, will denote association with marriageable girls (those with menses), or with barren females. Budh indicates harlots, mean females and females, belonging to traders’ community. Wife of a Brahmin, or a pregnant female will be in the native’s association, if Guru is in Yuvati. Base females and females, having attained their courses, are denoted by Sani, Rahu/Ketu in Yuvati.
8-9½. Man¯gal denotes a female with attractive breasts. Sani indicates sick and weak spouse. Guru will bring a spouse with hard and prominent breasts. Sukr will bring one with bulky and excellent breasts.
10-13½. Malefics in Vyaya and 7th, while decreasing Candr is in Putr denote, that the native will be controlled by spouse, who will be inimical to the race (or family). If Yuvati Bhava is occupied, or owned by Sani/Man¯gal, the native will beget a harlot, as his spouse, or he will be attached to other illegally. Should Sukr be in a Navamsa of Man¯gal, or in a Rasi of Man¯gal, or receive a Drishti from, or be yuti with Man¯gal, the native will “kiss” the private parts of the female. If Sukr is so related to Sani, the native will “kiss” the private parts of the male.
14-15. WORTHY SPOUSE. The native will beget a spouse endowed with (the seven principal) virtues, who will expand his dynasty by sons and grandsons, if the 7th Lord is exalted, while Yuvati is occupied by strong Lagna Lord and a benefic.
16. EVILS TO SPOUSE. If Yuvati Bhava, or its Lord is yuti with a malefic the native’s wife will incur evils, especially, if Yuvati Bhava, or its Lord is bereft of strength.
17. LOSS OF SPOUSE. If Yuvati Lord is devoid of strength and is relegated to Ari, 8th, or Vyaya, or, if Yuvati Lord is in fall, the native’s wife will be destroyed (i.e. she will die early).
18. LACK OF CONJUGAL FELICITY. If Candr is in Yuvati, as Yuvati Lord is in Vyaya and the Karaka (indicator Sukr) is bereft of strength, the native will not be endowed with marital happiness.
19-21. PLURALlIY OF WIVES. One will have two wives, if Yuvati Lord is in fall, or in a malefic Rasi along with a malefic, while Yuvati Bhava, or the 7th Navamsa belong to a eunuch planet. If Man¯gal and Sukr are in Yuvati, or, if Sani is Yuvati, while the Lord of Lagn is in Randhr, the native will have 3 wives. There will be many wives, if Sukr is in a Dual Rasi, while its Lord is in exaltation, as Yuvati Lord is endowed with strength.
22. TIME OF MARRIAGE (upto Sloka 34). If Yuvati Lord is in a benefic’s Bhava (or in Dharm, as Subha Rasi so means), while Sukr is exalted, or is in own Rasi, the native will marry at the age of 5, or 9.
23. If Surya is in Yuvati, while his dispositor is yuti with Sukr, there will be marriage at 7th, or 11th year of age.
24. Sukr in Dhan, while Yuvati Lord is in Labh will give marriage at the age of 10, or 16.
25. Marriage will take place during the 11th year, if Sukr is in an angle from Lagn, while Lagn Lord is in Makar, or Kumbh.
26. The native will marry at 12, or l9, if Sukr is in an angle from the Lagna, while Sani is in Yuvati counted from Sukr.
27. Should Sukr be in Yuvati from Candr, while Sani is in Yuvati from Sukr, marriage will be in the 18th year.
28. Marriage will be in the 15th year, if Dhan Lord is in Labh, while Lagn Lord is in Karm.
29. An exchange between the Lords of Dhan and Labh will bring marriage 13 years after birth.
30. Ones 22nd/27th year will confer marriage, if Sukr is in Yuvati from the 8th Bhava (i.e. Dhan from Lagna), while his dispositor is yuti with Man¯gal.
31. Should Yuvati Lord be in Vyaya, while the natal Lord is in Yuvati in Navamsa, marriage will be in 23rd/26th year of age.
32. Either the 25th year, or the 33rd year will bring marriage, if Randhr Lord is in Yuvati, as Sukr is in Navamsa Lagna.
33. Should Sukr be in Dharm from Dharm (i.e. in Putr Bhava), while Rahu is in one of the said Bhavas (i.e. in Putr/Dharm), marriage will take place during 31st, or 33rd year.
34. The native will marry at 30, or 27, if Sukr is in Lagn, while the 7th Lord is in Yuvati itself.
35-39. TIMING OF WIFE’S DEATH. Loss of wife will occur in the 18th year, or 33rd year of age of the native, if Yuvati Lord is in fall, while Sukr is in Randhr. One will lose his spouse in his 19th year, if Yuvati Lord is in the 8th, while Vyaya Lord is in Yuvati. The native’s wife will die within three days of marriage due to snake bite, if the native has Rahu in Dhan and Man¯gal in Yuvati. If Sukr is in Randhr, while his dispositor is in a Rasi of Sani, death of wife will take place during the native’s 12th, or 21st year of age. Should the ascendat Lord be in his Rasi of debilitation, as Dhan Lord is in Randhr, loss of wife will occur in the 13th year of age.
40-41. THREE MARRIAGES. Should Candr be in Yuvati from Sukr, while Budh is in Yuvati from Candr and Randhr Lord is in Putr (from the Lagna), there will be marriage in Karm year followed by another in the 22nd year and yet another in the 33rd year.
42. DEATH OF WlFE. lf Ari, 7th and 8th are in their order occupied by Man¯gal, Rahu and Sani, the native’s wife will not live (long).